Elected Officials - County Council
District 1 - Charles Baumeister
District 2 - Danny Bolin
District 3 - Luke Thomas
District 4 - Earla Williams
At-Large - David Etienne
At-Large - Lynn Fulkerson
At-Large - Paul Malone
Auditor Pamela L. Goffinet, Secretary
Perry County Council
2219 Payne Street
Tell City, IN 47586
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
The financial powers of the county are placed in the County Council, also known as the county's fiscal body. The county is made up of seven elected Council members: one elected from each of four established districts and three elected by the county at large. Their terms of office are four years on a staggered basis. Some of the powers of the council include:
- Approving and fixing annual operating budgets of all county government offices and agencies
- Establishing salaries, wages, per diems, and other compensation for all county officials and employees
- Fixing tax rates and establishing levies on all county property for the purpose of raising funds to meet budget requirements in conducting county business as well as authorizing the borrowing of money in the form of bonds and notes
- Appropriating public funds, i.e., authorizing the expenditure of county money by particular officials or departments for specific purposes
- Authorizing certain purchases or sales of county owned land
- Non-binding review of budgets for certain non-elected boards in the county and other civil units
Meetings are normally held on the fourth Thursday of each month at 5:00 p.m. Central time in the Meeting Room at the Courthouse.
Perry County Comprehensive Plan
A comprehensive plan directs the future physical development of a county or community by serving as the key policy guide for both public and private decision makers. The plan addresses the future use of land, expansion of infrastructure, the addition of community facilities, and the preservation of natural and man-made amenities.
Perry County GIS Mapping
Geographic Information System (GIS) is an online mapping system that provides a variety of information about properties in Perry County. This service is free to the public seeking information about property ownership, history, description, and geographic elements. The system also provides tax information and payment records.