Planning and Zoning


The Perry County Planning and Zoning Commission issues an Improvement Location Permit for a structure that is erected, constructed, reconstructed, moved, converted, or enlarged. The permit fee is $50.00 and construction must start within one year and completed within two years. Before a residential structure is permitted, a sewage disposal system must be approved by the Perry County Health Inspector.

The Perry County Planning and Zoning Commission jurisdiction is all unincorporated land within Perry County and is within two miles from the corporate limits of a city or town (Cannelton, Tell City and Troy).

Please contact Planning and Zoning Administrator Hubert Voges at 812-547-7121 or 812-891-9406 if you have any zoning questions or want to obtain an Improvement Location Permit.

Planning and Zoning Commission meetings are held the fourth Tuesday of each month only if business is to be conducted.

If you have questions about a floodplain, you may contact the Indiana Department of Natural Resources, Division of Water: 877-928-3755 or email

Contact Information

Hubert Voges, Administrator 

Perry County Planning and Zoning
2219 Payne St
Tell City, IN 47586

Phone: 812-547-7121
Cell: 812-891-9406

Office Hours:
Please call for an appointment.

Perry County Comprehensive Plan

A comprehensive plan directs the future physical development of a county or community by serving as the key policy guide for both public and private decision makers. The plan addresses the future use of land, expansion of infrastructure, the addition of community facilities, and the preservation of natural and man-made amenities.